Friday, August 14, 2009

Long Overdue

Lately, I've been trying to finally get to all those things I felt I didn't have time for when I was frantically writing my thesis. On Wednesday, I rendez-voused with two women (GNA and Nina) from my scholars meetup group, had a really nice chat with them, then accompanied GNA to the Value Village to see if we could find any good second-hand board games. I admit we also scanned the racks of crazy tchotkes too. Sometimes other people's junk is just fascinating. There always seems to be a disproportionate amount of items with kitten motifs...
After parting ways with GNA, I sauntered through Cal Anderson park (see below) and sat down and read a novel for awhile.
I finished White Tiger and Never Let Me Go earlier in the week and now I'm onto Transmission, a Paula suggestion from some time ago that I picked up at a secondhand book shop for cheap. It's my favorite of the three, laugh-out-loud funny in some parts and really well-written.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Im so glad you finally got to read Transmission! Hari Kunzru writes amazing books.