Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watch your step

Not long after the relaxing spa was the big day of deliveries. In the same morning we had all our belongings from Montreal storage delivered (over 40 boxes plus furniture) and a new Queen sized bed from Macy’s. Both went pretty well considering, except that about 5 boxes into the delivery, one of the movers had to go and step in dog shit –and not old crusty dried or frozen dog shit, but new and juicy dog doo. Because he was in the process of carting and carrying boxes, he didn’t realize this until he had already trampled hunks of it up the front steps and into the apartment foyer. I spent a good chunk of my morning cleaning up with buckets of warm soapy water and half a roll of paper towel, worrying about the impression I was leaving with my new neighbours.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Why does it say ACME on your doorstep? What does it mean?

Rachel said...

I don't know, actually.