Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama-mania


My neighborhood is blue. Blue, blue, blue. I think the stats show that over 95% of Capitol Hill voters chose Obama. People here happily show their love with Obama posters, flags, murals, t-shirts, etc. The pic above is someone’s garage door a few blocks away. There were inauguration viewing events everywhere. I watched the inauguration at the Canterbury Ale and Eats pub 1 block away. It was great to be with a community of people so excited to cheer on the new President. It was around 8:30 in the morning when the show got going on this coast but the locals were out and even drinking (mostly mimosas and Bloody Marys) and free flowing with the Bush and Cheney heckles. I have got to say that Cheney looks more and more like an evil henchman –especially in the wheelchair for some reason. The whole thing was emotional. Tears were flowing here and there. I loved that Aretha sang and thought it hilarious that John Williams composed a special piece (so fitting from the guy who gave us themes for Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Superman –lol). But, I guess, Obama is the epic –superhero- icon of all icons these days.

1 comment:

Mom said...

....we watched it at work on the computers thru the CNN live stream. It was somehow linked to Facebook, which I don't really understand, but on the side bar, you'd get all the Facebookers' comments, like "oh my Roslyn Carter has aged well" etc. Pretty funny and fun.

I love your blog sweetie...keep it coming...