Monday, February 16, 2009

Key Lime Cheesecake


I decided to buy a spring-form pan the other day as I was out shopping. In Denmark, we didn't want to accumulate too much "stuff" (as we knew we'd have to eventually ship, or get rid of it) so all experiments in baking were done with a single loaf pan -apple-cinnamon loaf, chocolate banana loaf, lemon loaf, cardamom-rhubarb loaf, etc. Now that we are allowing ourselves more stuff, however -I can branch out in the baking department. The first home-baked goodie: key-lime cheesecake. It turned out really well, the cheesecake set perfectly and didn't crack at all (probably because I put a shallow pan of hot water on the lower rack). I took a web suggestion and added a little coconut to the graham cracker crust and topped the cake with freshly whipped cream - it was really tasty.

No comments: