Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wild Ginger


In honor of the three years Mallar and I have been together as a couple, we decided to treat ourselves to a night out at a reputable Seattle restaurant called, Wild Ginger. Wild Ginger is a James Beard Award winning restaurant and has been featured in top ten lists in magazines such as Gourmet and Bon Appetit. Apparently Wild Ginger is also noted in the Zagat Guide's "Best Restaurants of the World". While I don't know if I would go so far as to rank it in a "best of the world" category, Mallar and I both really enjoyed the food there.

Highlights of the drinking and dining experience included: the Cracked Coconut Martini I had as an aperitif (dangerously good), the lamb satay (shown in picture), the duck (a house specialty spiced with star anise and cinnamon) and the Hong Kong Scallops (their house-made oyster sauce is really really good!). Here's to future occasions that call for a return trip (or two or ten).

3 comments:

Paula said...

Wow the food sounds so eclectic and amazing. I have been dabbling in peanut satay sauce to teach my class this week.

Rachel said...

That's fun.

But what would really be "fun" is if you came here and had satay with us in Seattle!

Will you be able to visit us in the not-too-distant future?

Paula said...

I would love to visit! I really would. Nowadays, tickets to New York are extremely cheap. (another place I really want to see as well). How much would it set me back to fly between Seattle and NYC?