Saturday, March 28, 2009

La tête gonflée de nuages


"La tête gonflée de nuages" is a line from an Ariane Moffatt song about returning to Montreal after spending time away. I like to play it on my i-pod when I fly, train or bus into the city. This time it was the train.
Montreal is a fabulous city and full of amazing places to stroll, eat and drink. On the Sunday after my grandmother's birthday party, I got to spend the day cruising around leisurely with my two brothers and my brother's girlfriend. The three of us (siblings) had not been altogether in Montreal (the city we grew up in) in about 15 years. I took them to some of my favorite places starting with Laika for brunch. From there we walked along Duluth and up a sunny St. Denis stopping here and there in shops. We had a drink at Dieu du Ciel, one of my favorite brewpubs and then strolled over to Fairmont bagel for some famous Montreal-style bagels.


Pepe and Gill are dressed in green in honour of the St. Patty's Day parade.

We wrapped up our tour of the Plateau-Mile-End at the Sala Rosa for tapas. Calamares, Chorizo, Goat Cheese with caramelized onions and honey... Soooooo good!

No comments: